Indoor Air Quality, also known as IAQ, is more important than ever in today’s homes.
In fact, the EPA has identified 5 categories of concern that all homeowners should be know about.
- Carbon Monoxide in low levels cause headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea, and fatigue. High levels can be Fatal.
- Microbial Growth can cause sinus and respiratory infections and in severe cases infertility.
- Allergens and Particulates such as pet dander, pollen and smoke can cause coughing, congestion, sneezing, and asthma.
- Infectious Illness: Germs, viruses and bacteria are naturally carried in from outside, can become airborne and circulated.
- Toxic Compounds like cleaning chemicals, paints, and furniture can produce a toxic setting that can lead to an allergic reactions.
It is estimated that 90% or more people spend most of their time indoors and are being exposed to these dangers daily. Better insulated energy efficient homes make it harder for fresh air to enter the home and increases the risk of asthma, allergies, and/or other symptoms and illnesses.